Subject: Re: /usr/share NOT?
To: None <>
From: Olaf Seibert <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/23/1996 12:25:49
> 	Which brings me to my last point.  vi will not run without
> /usr/share.  This is a downright pain in the ass if /usr/share is
> nfs.  It would be an improvement if vi would kick itself into 'open
> mode' when it couldn't divine the terminal properly.

There is a workaround for this. In the "real" /usr (or /usr/share)
directory, you replicate a minimal set of files required for vi.
Probably just termcap should be enough (can't check right now
because unmounting /usr at this moment would be a pain).

___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert      D787B44DFC896063 4CBB95A5BD1DAA96
\X/ Ceci n'est pas un Magritte