Subject: Re: Config File / Kernel Building
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 04/19/1996 11:54:18
>> Perhaps instead of just swiping xxxb, force the startup to swapon -a?

> I was under the impression that before using a partition as swap, the
> system would check if the disk label designated the partition as
> swap.  (If it does not, it should :)

I'm not so sure, primarily because there are ports (like the SPARC and
Sun-3 ports, not coincidentally the two I happen to run) that use
native disklabels without types, and thus have to either swap on
partitions without specific types or else hardwire something about the
partitions in the code that converts the port-specific disklabel to the
in-core NetBSD label.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu