Subject: Anyone else's ep driver (3C590) stopped working
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/16/1996 18:56:12
I supped yesterday, and after building a new kernel, my 3C590-Combo
stopped working with NetBSD. It's as if I just removed the cable or
something. It works fine under Windows '95 after first power on, but
after booting NetBSD, '95 says the card is malfunctioning. Rebooting
normally doesn't cure this, but a hard (reset button) reset will fix it
so that '95 is happy again. So somehow, NetBSD is trashing the card's
state enough to confuse '95 as well.

I'm not sure exactly what my previous working kernel's sup date was,
since I didn't keep any record (bonehead me), but it was ~2 weeks ago,
I think. Anyone else seeing this?

I see ep-related changes on Mar 26, Apr2, and Apr11 looking at the
source-changes list back messages, but they seem related to other
extensive autoconfig/bus/pci changes, so I don't think I can back out
just the ep changes easily.