Subject: Re: Multisession CD-ROMs
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Carsten Hammer <chammer@phyd2hammer.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/16/1996 11:48:40

> Has anyone looked at support for multisession CD-ROMs?  I have a two-session
> photo-CD here, and when I mount it, it only shows the first session.
>
> I've been looking around on the 'net for some info on multisession CD-ROMs,
> but I haven't found anything yet.  Anyone got any pointers to some detailed
> info on them?  (I don't mind doing the work, but I need to know exactly
> what needs to be done :-) ).

when you are at it perhaps you can find out how to read multivolume cds too.
Dont ask me what it is but our software (gear) allows to make cds in
this format. With it it seems you can burn several cds in one without
reading the filetree and produce a new filetree image.
I made such a CD once but was not able to read it with any OS yet.

> --Ken

ciao
Carsten

PS: Are there known bugs in the iso 9660 filesystem? I often had messages
concerning non existant files on my Fred Fish CDs when at night the
crond starts the examine jobs and i had such a CD forgotten to remove in
my CD300 (NetBSD-Amiga). The filenames looked very strange then, i did
not dig any further anyway..