Subject: Re: Is gcc slow? Or is our gcc slow?
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@interpath.com>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@ncremp.ag.iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/1996 09:32:08
Kevin P Neal writes:
>der Mouse writes:
>>Personally, I (a) torch the clean-/tmp-on-reboot code in /etc/rc*, and
>>(b) make /usr/tmp and /var/tmp symlinks to /tmp.  Oh, and (c) set up a
>>cronjob to clean out /tmp periodically.

>Hmmm, I'd be pretty upset if I was in the middle of something at some odd
>hour, like high noon or 4 in the morning, and /tmp went away.

	I think the intention here was not to *completely* clean the
directory, but to do what some script already does (I think, I can't
remember at the moment): every few hours remove everything *more than a
few hours old* or something like that.

Cheers,
Phil
--
Phillip F Knaack               flipk@iastate.edu
Database Programmer, NCREMP    Student Development Group