Subject: Re: Is gcc slow? Or is our gcc slow?
To: H. J|ngst ISKP Bonn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Allen Briggs <email@example.com>
Date: 04/09/1996 10:56:15
> Serious, I think it is time to make the change. Most systems have enough
> memory today (but unixes can not handle it - oops :-).
That may be true for many systems, but not all. I think that users
should have the opportunity to change things, though, and they (you)
do. How about starting a "performance tuning guide" for NetBSD? If
the FAQ doesn't have a section on that, it should...
I see some need for:
* "If you're low on disk space, you can do this..."
* "If you're low on memory, you can do this..."
* "If you've got fast disks, you can do this..."
* "If you've got lots of memory, you can do this..."
* "If you've got lots of memory and fast disks, you can do this..."
* "If you have adapter X and option Y, you can enable Z..."
Obviously, this would need machine dependent parts, too.
Allen Briggs - end killing - firstname.lastname@example.org ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
Where does all my time go? <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>