Subject: Re: nis support under netbsd-current
To: CHAN Yiu Wah <clarence@cs.cuhk.hk>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/09/1996 17:18:05
> Did anyone try the NIS software (yp* thing) under netbsd-current ?  I
> had search the /usr/share/doc/ and the man pages and didn't get any idea
> to setup the ypclient for my system.  Can anyone help ?  Thanks.

Somebody a long time ago Sep.94 wrote a ypserv that works
(though it's far from perfect.) with the ypclients in netbsd,
for simple things as 'passwd' and 'group'. You can find
the src of it somewhere under pub/NetBSD/ports/src
on this machine.

Cheerio
	Andrew
I use it sporadically when using diskless stations.

--
The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity. (unknown)
current	release=doc host=wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"