Subject: Re: less-290 argparsing brok
To: None <>
From: Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/02/1996 17:37:36
# Less was written before getopt existed.  Now some people would like less to
# conform to getopt syntax, others want it to use GNU long option names...
# Doing either of these would cause some existing syntax to stop working, so
# I've been hesitant to change it.  I have recently added special cases for
# GNU "--help" and "--version", and now "--".  Maybe I'll start phasing out
# the problematic syntax and move to a more standard syntax.

(*choke*) What, is everything moving to --silly-long-option-names-that-take
--option-continue way-too-long-to-type?

Ick, in a word.  There should be single-option keys, still, as cryptic
as they are, for those of us who can actually be bothered to learn

# --Mark

	"Did her eyes at the Turn of the Century tell me plainly
	 How we'll meet, how we'll love?  Oh, let life so transform me..."
		-- Anderson/Howe/White
-> James Graham, Songwriter, Musician, Programmer and Hopeless Romantic <-