Subject: Re: NetBSD master CVS tree commits
To: Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/1996 18:08:31

>    >  Or, as has been suggested previously, it might make a great deal of sense
>    > to convert /etc/daily (and weekly, monthly, and rc) to an init.d-like
>    > scheme.
>
>    I have a project that is going to require that I implement this.
>
> Could we *please* make the init.d-like rc stuff run-time-optional as
> was suggested by a few people?  I.e., if /etc/init.d or /etc/rc.d exists
> (I vote for rc.d if anything at all), then run stuff in there.

I second.

In fact, I wouldn't even mind if we went with something like this:

if [ -f rc.d ] ; then
  cd rc.d
  for i in (*)
  do
    $i
  done
fi

Of course, an elegent solution that worked would be OK with me too :-)

--
Dave Burgess  (The man of a thousand E-Mail addresses)
386bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom