Subject: Re: Funny stair-casing of text in -current
To: None <bsdealwi@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/1996 15:42:20
On Mon, 1 Apr 1996 bsdealwi@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca wrote:

> I recently fetched a more recent version of tip, so that I could play
> with it's hayes dialer. But I found that, after invoking an older rz/sz
> through ~C, text starts stair-casing.

That older version of rz/sz doesn't do termios, I'm sure.  Since the old
tip didn't, either, it wasn't a problem.  If you have source, you should
find it and recompile, making sure that it uses POSIX termios for
handling tty's.

> I also see identical stair-casing with GNU smalltalk 1.1.1 with the
> readline library too.

This is another case of the same.  For some reason, the readline
configure script doesn't properly tweak things so that termios is used.
I had fixed this, once, but promptly lost my changes and never got the
motivation to fix it again.

--scott