Subject: Document describing update procudes to -current/-stable
To: None <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
From: Martin Cracauer <cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/1996 14:12:07
I noticed that quite a number of people tried to use a -current (or
-stabl for FreeBSD) system recently and failed to compile it.

To reduce the load of message to the relevant mailinglists, I prepared
a page with some hints how to do a source-update at:

http://www.bik-gmbh.de/~cracauer/bsd-to-current.html

It should work for NetBSD-1.1 -> current and FreeBSD-2.1 -> stable.

My personal WWW pages are under reconstruction, so please do not add
this link to other pages or hotlists, but use

http://www.bik-gmbh.de/~cracauer/bsd.html

instead, which will remain at its original name.

As always, comment and additions are welcome.

Happy Hacking
	Martin
--
Martin Cracauer <cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de>