Subject: Re: buslogic/adaptec conflicts
To: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/1996 06:37:51
On Sun, 31 Mar 1996 09:38:48 -0600  Randy Terbush wrote:

> As Charles put it:
> >
> > Just another reason that PCs suck...
>

> That comment, coming from the "Portmaster" of the i386, is reason
> enough to find another OS.

Nah, the whole industry knows that PC hardware sucks.

The existence of the hardware guide that Microsoft writes and the
designs that the Intel Architecture lab produces and practically give
away suggest these two major players aren't satisfied with the "state
of the art" of the PC platform.

Further, I challenge you to find anyone at BSDI or in the FreeBSD
crowd that likes the PC platform for any reason other than its bang
for the buck and relative openness.

A portmaster who _liked_ PC hardware would be a worry!

Giles