Subject: Re: NetBSD master CVS tree commits
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 03/31/1996 20:02:50

   > Look, either address all the arguments we made in the previous round
   > of discussion (/etc/init.d is messy, difficult to understand, uses
   > alphabetical ordering of symlink names in a manner resembling BASIC
   > GOTO statements to store configuration information, and does this all
   > to simplify exactly one operation, when there are plenty of other,
   > better ways to do that), or don't ressurect the argument at all.

   In my opinion, about your parenthesized points:
   (1) is false, (2) is false, (3) is a feature, and (4) i've yet to see
   any better proposals about how to do it.

can't we keep these _SUBJECTIVE_ options out of this ?

i mean, all we have so far verifed is that:
	(1) some people still support the "old" way.
	(2) some people still want the "sysV" way.

greg's (1) point might be false to you -- but it's not to me.
greg's (3) point might be a feature to you -- but it's not to me.

i do not see how we can't support both methods in a simple and
clean manner.  please re-think about my earlier proposal.