Subject: Re: NetBSD master CVS tree commits
To: Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/30/1996 08:39:30
>not everyone *wants* that kind of setup, you see.  I think we ended
>up with a lot of carnage last time we went through this.

Those who do not _want_ this sort of thing are those who know what
they are doing to the extent that they can alter things as they see
fit.

>Make it an option.  Enable it by default if you must, but there are those
>of us who would prefer to run it "the old way".  A run-time check would
>be the best way to go.

Right.  /etc/rc should check for an /etc/init.d, and if it's there run
that and ignore /etc/rc.local.  If that directory isn't there, run
/etc/rc.local.  Does this sound ok?

It is assumed that there will be an entry in /etc/init.d/ which will
run /etc/rc.local if it is present in the first case above.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!