Subject: Upcoming kernel changes.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christos Zoulas <email@example.com>
Date: 03/29/1996 12:43:00
1. Update gcc/common/c-common.c to:
- understand the db_printf % format specifiers
- understand the kernel printf %r format specifier which will be renamed
- Be more permissive to %b arguments: accept any integer type, not only
- Add a kprintf format specifier.
This has no effect to any of the ports, but the sparc which compiles the
kernel with -Wall. Sparc current users will eventually need to recompile gcc.
2. Update kernel printf %r format to be %: so that it is the same as in
the sfio package, and does not conflict with the %r format specifier
This has no effect at all. Files changed: the ncr driver and a couple of
kernel mi files.
Timeline: this weekend.
3. Update header files to use __attribute__((__format__(__kprintf__,X,Y)))
This has no effect, except on the sparc which by that time it should
have updated the compiler.
Timeline: early next week.