Subject: problems booting from floppy
To: Randy Terbush <>
From: David Gilbert <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/28/1996 18:49:51
>>>>> "Randy" == Randy Terbush <> writes:

Randy> This is one I admittedly have not paid much attention to in the
Randy> past...

Randy> I'm trying to install NetBSD-1.1 on an IDE drive. Attempts to
Randy> boot from floppy gets about 3 "turns of the wheel" before the
Randy> system reboots. I've seen this on other OS installs on other
Randy> motherboards and it was generally a motherboard timing
Randy> problem. Any hints as to how to get around it?

	I remember seening this as I was trying to install.  However,
frigging with the hardware long enough made it go away --- so I have
no idea what it was.

|Mail:         |  equal if and only if they |
|               |   are precisely opposite.  |