Subject: Re: Java for NetBSD
To: Matthew B. Wood <devtrix@netcom.com>
From: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/28/1996 18:31:33

> > Hi!
> >
> > Is there somebody porting Java to NetBSD? Or is anybody even thinking
> > about it?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > tiger
> >

> I went through the rigamarole of getting a personal license for the
> source distribution.  After finally getting the source, I unpacked the tar
> file and realized that with my skills, I had no business doing anything
> with it.  :)

Just another data point...

There reportedly is someone who has said they have completed a
port, but cannot release it due to legal hassles imposed by Sun.

With recent news of Java security holes, it is probably a good
time to focus on an alternative like Penguin.

http://coriolan.amicus.com/penguin.html