Subject: Re: another 1.1 to 1.1B (i386) upgrade report...
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@UX2.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 03/28/1996 17:15:39
According to Chris G Demetriou:

>Quite frankly, i've never even thought of doing "complete source"
>upgrades from release to release as something that people do.

I used to - mainly because the internet link I had was dog slow (9600
shared with other companies + news + mail, on a good day I would get
about 300 - 500 bytes/s).  Getting the source would take about a week
of effort what with ftp's timing out, the ftp servers killing off my
connection because it stuck around for ages and so forth.  Since the
source compresses much better than binaries I went for getting the
source and doing the work to get the binaries compiled myself since it
was a lot less frustrating than trying to get the binaries downloaded.

BTW:  What happened with the bounce buffers?  Has that been
implemented in current?

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.