Subject: Re: groff upgrade, anyone? -- now also cvs.
To: J.T. Conklin <jconklin@netcom.com>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 03/28/1996 08:38:15
On Wed, 27 Mar 1996, J.T. Conklin wrote:

.. > This causes me to raise a question that I've been thinking about a couple
.. > of times: Why is cvs in /usr/other/src and not in e.g. /usr/src/usr.bin or
.. > /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin ?
..
I observe:
.. The CVS in our tree is primarily intended for those with write access
.. to the NetBSD source repository.  It will probably work for end users,
.. but I suggest obtaining an officially released version.

.. Perhaps we should move cvs out of othersrc and into a non-exported
.. hierarchy like has been done with GNATS.
In light of my observation above, I strongly support this view.

If the cvs in /usr/othersrc is not intended as a local tool, it should not
be given to us by the normal sup mechanism. In particular if this cvs
contain features specific to NetBSD maintenance (e.g. $NetBSD$ for $Id$).

regards
Erik Bertelsen.