Subject: Re: /etc/daily and /scratch
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@UX2.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@vitruvius.arbld.unimelb.edu.au>
List: current-users
Date: 03/27/1996 05:03:17
In some email I received from Chris G Demetriou, sie wrote:

> > >p.s. should we have "handle with care" or "DANGER: TOXIC CONTENTS" labels
> > >     on the CD-ROMs which get pressed with NetBSD ? :-)
> >
> > No; maybe we should have that label on /usr/src/etc/, though.  But,
> > then again, I would just consider that common sense....
>
> That's why you have to go out of your way to install its contents...

Not when NetBSD comes on CD-ROM.

Well, ok, so you have to go out of your way to install anything, when doing
it from scratch (apart from what comes on the two floppies) and there's no
scsi card or network adapter working from the default selection.

Or maybe you have a different concept of "out of your way" than I do.

To install NetBSD, in the absence of any useful installation program, I
just did "cat etc11.* | (cd /netbsd; gtar -ungzip xvpf -)", given it was
the way everything else was installed...