Subject: Re: remote CVS access
To: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@NetBSD.ORG>
List: current-users
Date: 03/26/1996 22:02:05
On Tue, 26 Mar 1996 19:06:01 -0600
 Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com> wrote:

 > I recall some discussion about this in the past but don't
 > recall some of the issues.
 >
 > Is it possible to use remote CVS to 'update' the netbsd-current
 > tree? I see this is something that the OpenBSD crew is offering.

It isn't something that NetBSD is currently offering, though we have
discussed it.  There are some legal issues we need to resolve before this
will be possible.

It's worth noting that, while I did "oppose" it in the past (though
"oppose" is a little strong), I personally think that it would be a
useful and good thing to offer the NetBSD user community.

However, as I partially addressed above, there are some issues that need
to be thought out/resolved (not all of them are legal issue ... logistics
plays a big part in a well-run anonymous CVS or CVS-like service, and
resources is another issue altogether).

Jason R. Thorpe
NetBSD Core Group
<thorpej@NetBSD.ORG>