Subject: Re: current state of NCR driver?
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/26/1996 20:04:42
On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> I use it every day. However, I have a very fast processor. The slower
> the processor and faster the drive, the greater the probability of
> trouble. Some machines, its bad enough not to work at all.

Just as a note, I use it on a 486DX100 with a medium-speed (5600
RPM) drive with no problems. Of course, the drive only does about
2MB/sec instead of the 4MB/sec I get on the Pentium. :-( I did have
problems on a 486/66, but they were rare. (I was wondering why the
had disappred.)

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.