Subject: Re: another 1.1 to 1.1B (i386) upgrade report...
To: Greg A. Woods <>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@UX2.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 03/26/1996 18:56:01
> I commend the initial attempt at 'make build' and only ask that it be
> improved to at least handle simple-case source-only upgrades from
> release to release.  If this is done in an incremental way, it may even
> help current-users readers work with the catch of the day.

The "initial attempt" at 'make build' came out of 4.4BSD-Lite, as i recall.

I, for one, think that including it at all was a BAD IDEA, because
people _will_ try to use it to upgrade using sources from release to
release, which i DO NOT think should be supported!

In other words, given all possible choices, i'd rather have it ripped
out than 'improved' to do something that it shouldn't be used to do.