Subject: Re: /etc/daily and /scratch
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 03/25/1996 06:52:33
> I don't understand the problem.  Now that you know about the
> behavior, you can either edit your copy of /etc/daily or not mount
> things on /scratch.  Whats the big deal?

Personally, it makes me extremely uneasy; who knows but what three
revisions from now, /etc/daily will do the same thing to /local too.
Or /home.  Or any other directory that looks safe now.  After /scratch,
my feeling is that anything that is not documented in hier(7) and has
not traditionally been cleaned out must be considered at risk, and that
covers almost every possible place to put things.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu