Subject: Re: Adaptec 7870, netbsd-current (3/17/96)
To: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 03/25/1996 15:23:37
	"Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org> said:

> I'd be more worried about why the PCI code didn't attach the card.

I think so, too.

	:

> Don't do this.  The aic7870 is a sufficiently different beast than
> the aic7770 that the results would be very unpredictable.

While this is true in FreeBSD's driver and Pete's new driver, but
NetBSD-current's aic7xxx is very old (based on 1995 May version of
FreeBSD driver), and there is no significant difference between
aic7770 (ahe) probe/attach code and aic7870 (ahc) probe/attach code.
So that I think it can do. Not ? (I could be wrong, though)
--
soda@sra.co.jp		Software Research Associates, Inc., Japan
(Noriyuki Soda)		   software tools and technology group