Subject: Re: New filesystem
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@ncremp.ag.iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/24/1996 10:22:55
Michael Graff writes:

>>How much interest is there in a filesystem driver for Windows 95?  I know,
>>the msdos filesystem will work with it just fine, but I prefer long
>>filenames.

>Doesn't the -current msdosfs support this?

>explorer@packrat:~> ls /dos/c
>Note the ``Program Files'' entry.

Confirmed here. From one of my ZIP disks:

blade ttyp1 /dos/zip% ls -l
total 49138
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel    199375 Aug 16  1995 C-Show Version 874.zip*
drwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel      2048 Sep  3  1995 EGA Star Trek/
drwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel      2048 Sep  1  1995 Math Cad/
drwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel      2048 Sep  3  1995 Norton Utilities 7/
[ among others ]

These are exactly what I named them in windows 95 ..

Seems to me the support is already there.

Cheers,
Phil
--
Phillip F Knaack               flipk@iastate.edu
Database Programmer, NCREMP    Student Development Group