Subject: Re: /etc/daily and /scratch
To: Darren Reed <>
From: Allen Briggs <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/23/1996 09:15:30
> I should remind you, /scratch _WASN'T LOCAL_ - it was NFS mounted!
> As far as I'm concerned, NetBSD should _NOT_ have touched it.

I tend to agree, given that:
	1. There is no /scratch in the standard distribution, and
	2. It's not documented in hier

Things that get cleaned out automatically should be well-documented,
and I don't think we should be removing any files from a directory that
we don't provide.  I'd certainly not expect to have the system remove
stuff from a directory that I created--no matter what it's called.

  Allen Briggs - end killing - ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="">Guess.</a>