Subject: Re: New filesystem
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/22/1996 14:16:24
P.S.: It's interesting that I've had almost as many replies from people who
want to see it as I have people who told me it's already there.  When I
mount my Windows 95 filesystem with the default mount_msdos options, it
doesn't read the long filenames because there are no LFN entries in the root
directory.

>Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 11:16:17 -0600 (CST)
>From: "John C. Hayward" <johnh@david.wheaton.edu>
>To: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
>Cc: current-users@netbsd.org
>Subject: Re: New filesystem
>
>On Thu, 21 Mar 1996, Trevin Beattie wrote:
>
>> How much interest is there in a filesystem driver for Windows 95?  I know,
>> the msdos filesystem will work with it just fine, but I prefer long
filenames.
>I'm very interested.  I was thinking about looking into it but have too much
>on my plate already.  Let me know when I can get code to mount windows-95
>volumes and see long file names.
>
>johnh...

Trevin Beattie          "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
trevin@xmission.com     for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."
      {:->                                     --unknown