Subject: Re: Are DAT magazine changers supported?
To: Richard Dante <rdante@garlic.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 03/21/1996 15:23:02
On Thu, 21 Mar 1996 09:34:37 -0800
 rdante@garlic.com (Richard Dante) wrote:

 > If I purchase a magazine autoloader DAT tape backup can I expect to be able
 > to use it with the existing SCSI driver under NetBSD 1.1?

I'm not sure if the changer driver currently works, or not.  I know we
don't have the userland goo to manipulate the changer...

However, a friend of mine here at work told me he'd been having trouble
with a new DAT changer he bought ... he can't get it to work under
FreeBSD, and asked if I'd help him...I told him "sure, if you let me make
it work under NetBSD, too" ... So, I'm supposed to be getting one of
these beasts in the next day or so, and will probably plug it into my
sparc at home and hack on it this weekend.