Subject: Re: m68k comman part (was Re: mips ports ...)
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@teeri.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 03/20/1996 09:26:59
Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>:

> The ethernet driver might be a little trickier, but not impossible.
> There needs to be a clear separation of "ethernet chip" operations and
> "card the chip sits on" operations.  Register access is likely to be
> different, as well.

Hmm..  I don't know anything about this, but when the Amiga Hydra Ethernet
driver was rewritten (I guess it's now more like the other drivers for the
8390 chip), it became m-u-c-h slower.  One user reported the old driver
was about 3 times as fast as the current one.  I just hope the same isn't
happening to other drivers, too..

  -jm

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---