Subject: Re: PPP - address already in use
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@ncremp.ag.iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/19/1996 18:39:28
Peter Seebach writes:

>ip-down.

>#!/bin/sh
>case $5 in
>192.129.84.182)	route delete ktreva.solon.com;;
>esac
>route delete $5

Actually the problem I have time to time is that my machine on campus
keeps getting hit by RIP from the subnet router, a machine I have no
control over.

Thus, I log into its modem, do "arp -d" and "route delete" and before
I can type "pppd" (5 seconds) a route thru ep0 has re-appeared on it
and the link is useless.. the only solution I've been able to find is
to telnet to the machine that is sending the packets to me and kill off
the process.

Sadly, when someone else is telnetting from their machine to mine, I
can't do this .. it can be a pain in the arse to restart ppp.

Cheers,
Phil
--
Phillip F Knaack               flipk@iastate.edu
Database Programmer, NCREMP    Student Development Group