Subject: Re: Compiles fail...
To: Peter Seebach <>
From: Jon Buller <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/15/1996 07:55:02
Peter Seebach <> writes:
> I can't build anything; calloc.c (in gnu/lib/libmalloc) fails because
> bzero is undeclared, lib/libc/gen/getlogin fails because _getlogin
> is undeclared...
> In fact, cc chokes on *ANYTHING* with an undeclared function.  Is this
> normal?

I just had this problem as well.  I thought it was me, since I was
hacking on pc532 GCC machine description at the time.  I had sources
after the switch to using the yacc files instead of the .c files,
but I hadn't done a full build of GCC.  I then did a make clean on
GCC and got hosed.  I had to pull the GCC binaries from the NetBSD-1.1
distribution, did a make clean, and rebuilt GCC.  The problem went
away right then and there.  And the change I made to
started working much better!  Which was real weird, since I was
seeing the new code generation show up in some cases, but not
others.  Now it shows up all the time.  I think there are some
extra dependencies in the GCC Makefile causing this (in addition
to the lines that use the MD file, but don't list it) but I don't
know where they are, or why.