Subject: Re: How to translate this stdio code to netbsd?
To: John F. Woods <jfw@FunHouse.com>
From: Shyeah right. What am I gonna do with a gun rack? <jgraham@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/13/1996 09:44:52
"John F. Woods" sez:
/*
 * The trouble is that applications which want to be that tricky will probably
 * have finicky enough (and different enough) requirements that one interface
 * won't be useful to a majority of such applications.  The proper answer, of
 * course, is generally "if you're so smart, do your OWN d*mned buffering!"
 * (i.e., drop back to read() and write())

Of course, and that's truly the proper answer.  I ended up doing just
such a thing because fread and fwrite didn't act the way I wanted them
to.  How many hack^H^H^H^Hprogrammers out there have written their own
bread(), bwrite() and bseek() routines?  Or, to reduce the numbers of
hands shown, how many _haven't_ done so?

 */

				--*greywolf;
--
"Solaris 2.x most closely resembles a high speed collision between
 SVR3 and SunOS."  -- Dick Dunn.