Subject: YASQ
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: current-users
Date: 03/11/1996 05:06:24
(Or, "Yet Another SUP Question")

Over time, I have been getting occasional SUP output messages like

SUP: Unable to delete directory src/domestic/bdes
SUP: Unable to delete directory src/domestic/ed
SUP: Unable to delete directory src/domestic/init
SUP: Unable to delete directory src/domestic/lib/librkinit
SUP: Unable to delete directory src/domestic/libcrypt

I'd not been able to understand why SUP can't delete these directories.
I finally decided they shouldn't be around and so I manually deleted them.
I chalked it up to the fact that the directories were created by my having
loaded a 1.1 src tree into /usr/src after I did the initial 1.1 install.
In other words, these directories weren't created by "sup", so perhaps that's
why it felt it couldn't get rid of them.

In the past couple of days, I've started to get

SUP: Unable to delete directory src/gnu/lib/libg++/genclass

Is this simply because I am using "/usr/obj" and the aforementioned directory
now contains a "obj" symlink to /usr/obj/gnu/lib/libg++/genclass which was
not created by SUP?

I'm making the tacit assumption that when SUP warns me it couldn't delete a
directory, that's my cue to manually nuke it myself.  But I can't help but
think that This Isn't Quite Right.  (I have "delete" in my sup files btw ... )

	- Greg