Subject: Getting GCC to compile....
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/1996 13:30:54
I have spent the week-end bringing the system up to date (from 1.1,
which was the last time I built).

I needed to do the following to get the system to build:

cd /usr/src/*/tsort ; make ; make install
cd /usr/src/*/yacc  ; make ; make install
cd /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gas ; make ; make install
cd /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/ld  ; make ; make install
cd /usr/src/share/mk ; make install
cd /usr/src/include  ; make install
#
# [ build pukes on libgcc ]
(cd cc; make install)
(cd cc1; make install)
(cd cc1obj; make install)
(cd cc1plus; make install)
(cd cpp; make install)
(cd g++; make install)
(cd libgcc; make; make install)
(cd libobjc; make; make install)
cd /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gcc ; make install
#

-----

Once I had done all of that, building a new kernel and a new userland
went relatively painlessly.

--
Dave Burgess  (The man of a thousand E-Mail addresses)
386bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom