Subject: [i386] ISA serial driver ('com') changed; watch out...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <Chris_G_Demetriou@NIAGARA.NECTAR.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/1996 04:14:49
I just committed a big set of diffs to the ISA 'com' serial driver and
the various multi-port board drivers, to update them to use the
interfaces provided by <machine/bus.h>.

I've verified (or had someone else verify) that the following things
work:
	(1) hayes ESP boards,
	(2) serial ports attached to an 'ast' multiport device.

I expect that all non-multiport-attached 'com' ports will work w/o
problem, but there may be one or two problems with serial ports behind
'boca' and 'rtfps' multiport boards.  I didn't have the hardware to
test them, but the changes to their drivers are almost identical to
the changes to the 'ast' driver, and the diffs to them look 'right'
compared to the diffs to the ast driver.

What this means to you:

	(1) if you have any new problems with the boca or rtfps
	    multiport boards, send me mail ASAP.  (same goes
	    for new problems with ast multiport boards, or just
	    com.c all by itself, but i don't think there could be any
	    new problems with those...  8-)

	(2) you no longer need to specify 'flags 1' for com ports
	    behind AST multiport boards; i had to rework the multiport
	    boards' interface to the com driver anyway, so i included
	    a bit of info that tells the serial driver the appropriate
	    information.  'flags 1' no longer has meaning for the com
	    driver.  (Yes, i updated the manual pages.  8-)

chris