Subject: Re: new EISA autoconfiguration code committed...
To: None <Chris_G_Demetriou@niagara.nectar.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de>
List: current-users
Date: 03/07/1996 20:36:30
In message <1630.825383916@NIAGARA.NECTAR.CS.CMU.EDU>you write:
> So, i finally broke down and committed some new EISA autoconfiguration
> code (which had been sitting in PR 1959 for a while).
>
> Big things:
> 	EISA devices can now attach to an 'eisa' bus, which does
> 	configuration via the device's ID registers.  much
> 	better than ISA configuration... you can actually tell
> 	what's there!
>
> 	The only EISA device which currently _does_ this is the
> 	ahb (AHA 1742) device, because it was the only 'pure EISA'
> 	device we had in the source tree!

I eventually managed to take some time and build a new kernel for my i486
Gigabyte EISA Board.
As it turns out, the kernel found the adaptec (1742) and then silently
rebooted...
Known Problem, or should I investigate further?

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de