Subject: Re: Tcl7.5 and NetBSD-current
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.AU>
List: current-users
Date: 03/01/1996 15:12:14
According to Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com:

>If I'm not mistaken, all Intel processors have these capabilities: add
>with carry, subtract with borrow, 32x32->64, and 64/32->32 (well,
>divide all those by two for 8086 thru 286).

Well, yes, they do in a limited sense.  From memory (unreliable store
at the best of times ;-) there are only a couple of registers in which
the operations will affect the condition codes.  Unlink the 680x0's
that have 8 of them to play with.... uh-oh - here we go.... PROCESSOR
WARS!!  yeah!!!!!!!

Brett"who, yes uses a PC at home but only for DOOM and NetBSD (honest)"Lymn

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.