Subject: Re: screend?
To: Andrew Cagney <cagney@highland.com.au>
From: Matt Ragan <matt@ibmoto.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/29/1996 22:34:46
Andrew Cagney wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Has anyone used screend with NetBSD-1.1?
>
>		Andrew

We're running screend under NetBSD 1.1/sparc.  I can provide the modified
kernel source files for anyone interested in it.  The 940331 distribution
kernel patches did not apply anywhere close to cleanly under NetBSD 1.0,
however the 950331 distribution does, if I remember correctly.

I did make one minor patch to netinet/ip_input.c to cause the system to
*NOT* forward packets if screening is off.  The default is to forward
them, which I didn't think was a Good Thing(tm) for a firewall to do.

Matt Ragan  (matt@ibmoto.com)  Motorola/IBM Somerset PowerPC Design Center
Network Administrator          Systems/Network Engineering  (512) 795-7298
9737 Great Hills Trail         Austin, Tx  78759        FAX (512) 795-7519