Subject: Re: pppd problem under netbsd-current
To: None <clarence@cs.cuhk.hk>
From: Brook Milligan <brook@trillium.NMSU.Edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/28/1996 09:20:26
   I had problem in configuring pppd.  I enclose my options and the error
   meesages here.  Is there anyone can kindly solve my problem.  Thank you
   in advance.

   ======== Error message ========
   Feb 26 14:40:52 pc64 pppd[236]: Serial link is not 8-bit clean:
   Feb 26 14:40:52 pc64 pppd[236]: All received characters had bit 7 set to 0
   ===============================

   ======== ttys ========
   tty01	"/usr/libexec/getty d38400"	dialup on secure

I had a similar problem at first with my ppp installation (on 1.1
though).  The error I got referred to all characters being even
parity, but the solution may be the same.  I was originally using the
std.9600 table for getty, which leaves the terminal in even parity
mode.  I switched it to the Pc table which uses no parity and
everything worked.

So, try checking the details of your d38400 getty table entry to make
sure the terminal is left in the right mode.

Cheers,
Brook