Subject: Re: Tcl7.5 and NetBSD-current
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Don Lewis <gdonl@gv.ssi1.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/27/1996 15:33:14
On Feb 27,  6:17am, Peter Seebach wrote:
}
} (Make all the source use
} int32_t, int64_t, et al., then have a switch for what size long is, and
} if long is 64 bit, excise long long completely.)

The standard headers can't define these types.  I believe it violates
ANSI because these names are reserved for the user.  I believe it violates
POSIX as well, since I seem to recall that POSIX reserves the entire name_t
space for itself.

Portable userland code should only use the ANSI types (char, short, int,
and long), and the POSIX types (off_t, size_t, etc.).  Code that uses
int32_t, etc will not be portable to all machines.

Does anyone know if POSIX requires off_t to be an integral type?

			---  Truck