Subject: Re: port-ables@netbsd.org.
To: Daniel G. Pouzzner <douzzer@prez.mit.edu>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 02/25/1996 22:56:59
On Feb 24,  8:35pm, "Daniel G. Pouzzner" wrote:
}
} special interests of the portables user/developer community. I'm
} convinced that desktop-only users don't want to hear about PCMCIA,

     As I said earlier, PCMCIA is already present on desktop machines.
There are some that come from factory with PCMCIA slots, and Adaptec
sells an adaptor to put a PCMCIA slot in any machine with an ISA bus.
I expect more desktop machines to have PCMCIA slots in the future.
Also all current desktop machines have APM.

} "port-able-i386" sounds good to me!

     I don't think it is needed, given that the main things that would
be discussed on this list are present on i386 desktop machines as
well.

}-- End of excerpt from "Daniel G. Pouzzner"