Subject: Re: Please read this. (Re: SUP and FTP errors)
To: Peter Galbavy <peter@wonderland.org>
From: Jonathan O'Brien <obrien@phoenix.sfsu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/25/1996 17:12:30
On Sat, 24 Feb 1996, Peter Galbavy wrote:

> On another note, if I ever get my finger out, there will be a full
> sup mirror on dumpty.wonderland.org (aka {ftp,sup}.wonderland.org).
> Which is good for all UK (and many .nl) sites. If someone with
> access to /ftp/sup on ftp.netbsd.org send me the mirror/releases
> and current/releases files then I can get going.

I've setup phoenix.sfsu.edu as a sup server. It is also setup for
anonymous ftp, but I don't mirror everything yet.

The following releases are supported for current:

allsrc          ksrc-arm32      ksrc-pmax       src-distrib     src-sbin
bmake           ksrc-atari      ksrc-sparc      src-domestic    src-share
doc             ksrc-common     ksrc-sun3       src-etc         src-usr.bin
games           ksrc-hp300      ksrc-vax        src-games       src-usr.sbin
gnu             ksrc-i386       othersrc        src-gnu         tar_files
include         ksrc-m68k       regress         src-include
ksrc            ksrc-mac68k     security        src-lib
ksrc-alpha      ksrc-mvme68k    src             src-libexec
ksrc-amiga      ksrc-pc532      src-bin         src-regress

What I did was start with the files on ftp.eecs.umich.edu and add
a few releases plus correct a few. I've also added the src-* releases
for the bandwidth impaired. If you want to see the releases and list files
pickup ftp://phoenix.sfsu.edu/pub/supfilesrv_current.tar.gz

Here is a sample sup file:

current release=allsrc host=phoenix.sfsu.edu hostbase=/a/anon_ftp base=/usr prefix=/usr backup use-rel-suffix delete old compress
current release=security host=phoenix.sfsu.edu hostbase=/a/anon_ftp base=/usr prefix=/usr backup use-rel-suffix delete old compress
current release=othersrc host=phoenix.sfsu.edu hostbase=/a/anon_ftp base=/usr prefix=/usr backup use-rel-suffix delete old compress
current release=doc host=phoenix.sfsu.edu hostbase=/a/anon_ftp base=/usr prefix=/usr backup use-rel-suffix delete old compress

src-domestic and security are the same so if you're outside the US
don't sup those as they contain export restricted software.

If anything is not right or missing, drop me a note and I'll fix it.

Jon

P.s. I tried to check my releases against sup.netbsd.org but /pub/sup has
     the permissions turned off and the supfilesrv files are not included
     in the supkit.