Subject: Re: problems with new NFS code
To: None <Todd.Miller@cs.colorado.edu>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@fwi.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 02/25/1996 11:40:17
Quoting Todd C. Miller,

> I'm seeing problems with the new NFS code that I didn't
> have before the NFS3 stuff from lite2 was integrated.
> (Interestingly enough, I have the same similar problem
> with BSD/OS 2.0 and 2.01).  In a nutshell, using 1024 for
> rsize and wsize causes NFS-mounts to hang.  With an 8K
> blocksize everything is just dandy.  This is with -current
> as of 10am Feb 24 on the iX86 port.  Is anyone else seeing
> this (mis)behaviour?

Hmm, on what kind of operation does it hang? Or does it just hang at
the first access? Is it a v2 or v3 mount? If it is a v3 mount,
could you also try lowering the readdirsize to 1024 (-I1024) ?

While testing, I have worked with rsize and wsize set to 1024, because
a stupid Linux server would otherwise hang from time to time, and it
worked ok for me.

- Frank