Subject: Re: identd not responding (?)
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/25/1996 10:26:13
On Fri, 23 Feb 1996 19:16:17 -0600
 Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com> wrote:

> an irc server is denying service to our site because we allegedly don't
> run identd.  I *know* we have an identd.  This is an old -current (pre-1.1),
> but seems to be otherwise pretty reliable.  The error message they send refer
> to "pidentd" - what's the differenc?

It's the default options in netbsd's identd, which I think should be changed:

Edit your /etc/inetd.cong and change the identd line to this:

ident           stream  tcp     wait    nobody.kmem /usr/libexec/identd identd -w -t60 -e -N

This I believe will fix this problem.

Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae                                 DNS: Domino Network Services
neil@domino.org         NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)