Subject: Re: Parallel port problems
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: current-users
Date: 02/23/1996 01:30:39
>FreeBSD's is inerrupted by default - the linux one you may switch to
>interrupted i think - and at the university we have a printer connected to the
>inerrupted lpt port (FreeBSD) - here at home it only works with polled mode
>using my hp deskjet 600 (maybe a bogus lpr port on the card) - but i can use
>the parallel port tcp/ip mode of FreeBSD fine using interrupted mode - thus i
>think it's maybe worth looking into the FreeBSD lpt driver

Ya know, after David Greenman's reply to my post, I did look at the FreeBSD
driver.  To my untrained eye, it does the exact same thing as the NetBSD
driver does for interrupting mode!  Maybe it's flaky hardware, differences in
printers, I dunno.  It would be interesting to compare the same hardware
that's known not to work right under NetBSD and see if it works under
FreeBSD.

--Ken