Subject: Re: NetBSD i386 bounce-buffer non-feature [was Re: Memory leak?]
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear <jgraham@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/1996 10:00:27
Jason Thorpe sez:
/*
 * Of course, one would hope that the implementation isn't limited to SCSI
 * adapters...

Are there any other kind of bus-mastering ISA-based DMA controllers?
I thought SCSI was it.

Unless, of course, you're planning on bouncing in the event that your
computer has >4GB of RAM (2GB if you're signing the offset), in which
case I would surmise that you've probably already got a 64-bit bus
anyway (I can't imagine the industry making the same mistake twice or
thrice over)...

 *
 */

				--*greywolf;
--
The typical attitude of most UN*X-based microcomputers has turned into "Well,
gee, now that we have to play with the little kids, we don't wanna play at