Subject: Re: WWW query engine bug (was Query-PR)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/1996 12:54:54
>> But the question is: how can you tell 'intentional' html from
>> something that just looks like HTML?
> Maybe the best option is to require HTML in PR's to be in a HTML
> comment and that the filter removes one level of comments.  Thus
> normal < can be translated, but <-- < --> would become < .

> Does that sound reasonable ?

It still has the same problem that using <HTML>...</HTML> brackets
does: uuencode or btoa or whatever can produce <--<--> accidentally.

Perhaps I started a tempest in a teapot by trying to use the Web PR
query engine as a way to retrieve PRs mechanically; it really isn't
what it was designed for.  But it was the only way I'd found that
worked for closed PRs...

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu