Subject: Re: procedure to setup pppd on netbsd-current ???
To: CHAN Yiu Wah <clarence@cs.cuhk.hk>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@zen.void.oz.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/21/1996 22:34:49
> I am going to setup a pppd for my users and I don't how to start even
> though I read the man pppd.  Is ther anyone who setup the ppd successful
> to share your setup procedure of pppd with me.  Thanks.

	ftp://ftp.quick.com.au/pub/unix/etc.ppp.cpio.Z

contains most the content of my /etc/ppp

The files included are:

doppp.sh	reads options from .doppprc and establishes a
		connection (can create chat script dynamically to
		handle certain one-time passwd mechanisms)

ip-up
ip-down		get invoked by pppd when interface status changes.

options		just what I use.

ppplogin	a simple shell script that helps on SunOS in
		particular and does no harm on NetBSD.
		Echoing a standard string before starting pppd makes
		it easier to write the chat script.

To this lot you might want to add a file called nets

nets		just provides a name for the remote net based on the
		address used eg.

		192.9.200.1:sun

		ip-up for instance will look to see if there is a
		sendmail mailertable named mailertable.sun and will
		switch to it.  Same goes for other important files.

On my laptop I use /etc/net.d to do the same sort of things...

Enjoy!

--sjg