Subject: Re: filesystem (?) troubles..
To: Peter Svensson <petersv@df.lth.se>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@skate.demon.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 02/21/1996 20:24:33
On Mon, 19 Feb 1996, Peter Svensson wrote:

> Are you using the old filesystem format (the one compatible with Sunos
> bootblocks)? I remember switching disk, and in the process changing to
> the new filesystem, at about the same time the problems disappeared. We
> don't upgrade that often, so it is hard to tell what made everything work
> again.

some of my filesystems are the new type, and some are the old type - my
root filesystem (and bootblock) is the Sun format though, I can't see
that this would be causing it though?

I would like to move to 4.4 filesystems (and NetBSD bootblock), but am
reluctant to mess with things while I have no means of a backup (tape drive
doesn't work..)

somebody else suggested I run fsck over it, but fsck reports no problems.

]ain